Fun Things To See and Do When You Visit Birmingham AL
Are you new to the Birmingham area? Are you visiting The Magic City in the future? We are here to help you maximize your fun when you come to our beautiful city. Here is a quick look at fun things to see and do when you visit Birmingham, AL created by our team here at The Car Depot.
Fun Facts About Birmingham AL
No matter where you visit in the United States – there is always a lot to learn about that city or state – and Birmingham is no exception. Whether you are new to the city, just visiting or have lived here for years – here are a few fun facts about Birmingham, AL.
- The Birmingham area has a combined population of more than one million residents and is the largest city in Alabama.
- Iron and steel production made Birmingham a thriving industrial center.
- Birmingham is home to the University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital and is one of the top transplant centers in the world and a leader in the healthcare industry.
- Veterans Day was founded in Birmingham and the city is host to the country’s largest and oldest Veterans Day celebration.
- Birmingham is a national leader in urban green space with thousands of acres of family-friendly parks and miles of local hiking and biking trails.
- The City of Birmingham played an important role in the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s and is highlighted by the Civil Rights District.
- Birmingham is the only location in the world where all the natural resources needed to produce iron are present within a 10-mile radius.
- Birmingham is at the heart of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail and provides many world-class public golf courses to play in the area.
Fun Places, Events and Attractions in Birmingham AL
Are you looking for fun things to see and do in Birmingham? Here is a closer look at fun places, events and attractions that you may want to check out in B’Ham with a quick list created by The Car Depot.
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum and Barber Motorsports Park – Do you love classic cars? The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum has the largest collection of vintage motorcycles in the world with an impressive gallery of collectible cars. The Barber Motorsports Park hosts the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama and is a great place to explore performance cars.
- Vulcan Cast Iron Statue – A testament to the iron and steel industry in Birmingham, the Vulcan statue sits on top of Red Mountain and is the largest cast iron statue in the world – second in overall size only to the Statue of Liberty.
- Sidewalk Film Festival – Held in August each year – the Sidewalk Film Festival has become a popular event to attend for film lovers with many filmmakers from around the world in attendance to show off their independent films.
- Civil Right District – Birmingham was at the heart of the American Civil Rights Movement and the Civil Rights District is designated as a national monument and is an incredible place to visit and experience history with churches, parks and museums.
- Birmingham Museum of Art – Do you love classic and modern art? The Birmingham Museum of Art is a world-class establishment and has more than 10,000 pieces of Wedgwood art in its possession – the largest collection outside of the United Kingdom.
Are you looking for fun things to see and do in Birmingham, AL? Learn more about the Steel City with this quick overview created by The Car Depot. When you need to sell a used car, truck or SUV – we will pay a great price right here at The Car Depot!